If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Montego tail lights on my Five Hundred (finally!)

Discuss anything about the exterior here - e.g. paint, styling, colors, wheels, etc.
sinkjk
Vehicle: 07 mercury montego

Re: Montego tail lights on my Five Hundred (finally!)

Post by sinkjk » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:33 pm

Plk2011 wrote:I have looked around and havent been able to find a post, but has anyone put the 2007 five hundred taillights into a 2007 montego? The montegos 5 pin harness is throwing me off with the 4 pin harness on the 500 taillights
DId you ever figure out how to do this, I would appreciate the info. Thanks....

Montegoman

Post by Montegoman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Montego LED tail lights are awesome.

Montego7
Vehicle: 2005 Mercury Montego

Post by Montego7 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:31 am

Mission accomplished on swapping in 500 tail lights into a 2005 Montego eliminating the LED tail light problem easily. Secret is to find a donor 500 that has the same factory options as your Montego and move the fuse panel under the dash (aka SJB) All turn/brake functions and a a lot more are now controlled by these SJB's I am sure there is a way to reprogram the existing SJB but why bother just take the SJB out of the donor car at the salvage yard and use it. Note: you will have reprogram your remote key fobs to match the donor SJB takes all of 1 minutes (key switch on/off in quick succession and press any button on remote) BAM no more LED tail light problems. Did this all for around 125 bucks. If i had not wasted money on silly 3 to 2 trailer wire connector boxes that did not work it would have been less than 100 bucks LOL