If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

parting out 2002 Ford Taurus (blown engine, have almost everything else)

Forum rules
Classifieds that haven't been replied to after 6 months are automatically deleted. To keep your ad active, reply within that timeframe.
2002taurusparts
Vehicle: 2002 Ford Taurus

parting out 2002 Ford Taurus (blown engine, have almost everything else)

Post by 2002taurusparts » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:37 pm

link to photo album w/ tons of photos: https://imgur.com/a/ek3CURY

2002 Ford Taurus SE - 3.0L V6 engine

Known Issues/parts you're not going to want:
-Engine, no compression in at least one cylinder. Car was driving, but running extremely rough and at a max of 20mph or so, was overheating after a mile. We were able to drive through the yard to get it back to the garage, but engine is toast. I already bought a new car and have no interest in troubleshooting anything else on this one.
-Damage to front driver’s side metal panels around headlight, as well as cracked front driver’s side headlight housing
-damage to metal side panels on driver’s side
-damage to passenger side door lock
-Interior damage: smoked inside it so fabrics would smell, grease stains on rear seats, floor mats are worthless trash, stains/glue reside on steering wheel/radio area where i had glued magnets to mount a magnetic phone case onto.

Notable newer parts:
-brand new alternator only ran for ~300miles before engine issues
-spark plugs, installed them in driveway but didnt fix issues so essentially brand new
-2x front disc brake rotors & 2x pads were purchased & replaced on 3/12/2019, so those have a bunch of useful life left in them

If you're looking for any Taurus parts, we'll be parting out this car before hauling it to the scrap yard . You can contact me for any parts you might want, and I can pull them off the car and ship them out. Contact me for the condition of any individual part, or if you'd like me to send a photo of anything I haven't posted already, or in more detail.

I'll update this posting below with parts that have already been sold:
-nothing sold so far