If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Anyone else having problems with collision warning?

TBCalgary

Anyone else having problems with collision warning?

Post by TBCalgary » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:58 pm

After one month, my 2010 SHO collision warning system started to fail. It only seems to happen while driving on the highway with no traffic. I first noticed it while using the adaptive cruise control which works in conjunction with the collision warning system. I have had it to two different dealers a total of 10 times and they can't seem to figure it out. They have changed the sensors, reprogrammed the sensors, replaced the cluster (whatever that is?) and it still quits working.

Saluki1998

Re: Anyone else having problems with collision warning?

Post by Saluki1998 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:46 am

That sounds odd to me. I have had the collision warning and cruise inoperative messages but that was driving in rain, snow, or fog. According to the manual this is normal as in these conditions the sensor will not work properly or can become obstructed. If you we driving in nice weather and there were no cars around to throw up dust or water, I cannot see why there would be a problem.

Saluki 1998
Saluki1998

Currently:
2010 Taurus SHO - Silver

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi TBCalgary,

I’m Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I would like to look into this for you. Could you please private message me with your VIN, mileage, dealer and contact info to see if I can help?

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

djarboe

Post by djarboe » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:30 am

I am having exactly the same problem with my 2010 SHO. It usually happens at highway speeds while I am using the cruise control. Most ofter the the cruise cuts off, I get a warning "driver intervene" then "collision warning not available" and "cruise control not available". Sometimes it will return to normal in 50-100 miles, and sometimes it takes even longer. Once it did not work properly until I stopped the car and restarted the engine. It was occurring about once a month, but now it is much more frequent (four time last week). Ford says that they need to attach a diagnostic computer to the car and catch it in the actof failing to determine the problem. I do not see how this is workable as (a) I live in town and they would need to drive quite a distance to get to a highway and (b) it is impossible to predict when it will fail.

TBCalgary

Post by TBCalgary » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:44 pm

djarboe
Metro Ford in Calgary finally fixed the problem with my SHO!
Have your service guy call Bane Timotijevic at Metro Ford (403) 262-0840 to get the details of what they did. It was a frustrating 6 months, but it has been working for over a month now.
Love the car and have not had any other problems (20,000 km).

kjbofaz

Post by kjbofaz » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:14 pm

My 2011 Taurus is doing the same thing. I have had it in to Ford in Yuma approximately 7 times and they have replaced numerous things including a part that cost $2,400 that I refused to pay for as I started taking it in while it was still under warranty. This time they assured me it was fixed. We hit the highway the same day we picked it up from Ford and within 25 miles, it was out again. Very frustrating as I love my car and it is still like new. Getting close to filing a lemon law suit.

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:05 pm

kjbofaz wrote:My 2011 Taurus is doing the same thing. I have had it in to Ford in Yuma approximately 7 times and they have replaced numerous things including a part that cost $2,400 that I refused to pay for as I started taking it in while it was still under warranty. This time they assured me it was fixed. We hit the highway the same day we picked it up from Ford and within 25 miles, it was out again. Very frustrating as I love my car and it is still like new. Getting close to filing a lemon law suit.
Hi kjbofaz,

Welcome to the forum! I’d like to get this reviewed for you. Will you please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number?

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

pnewby

Post by pnewby » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:51 pm

I have a 2011 Taurus with the dreaded Collision Warning and cruise control problems listed here. It has been in both Brandon Ford and Jack Kain Ford with no resolutions. It happens sporadically with no warning and will eventually reset itself after driving. No bad weather or smoke/fog noted. Once last week I got a collision warning with nothing in sight. Love the features when they work which is becoming less often. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TBCalgary

Post by TBCalgary » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Still love driving my 2010 SHO, and still having trouble with the adaptive cruise control. It works great when it works, but it still cuts out on the highway when there is no traffic. The explanation I got was that the sensor does a self check every once in a while to make sure it is still working properly. If there is no traffic, it thinks the sensor is not working, so it shuts itself down. It must continue doing the self check because it will come back on if there is traffic. Other than this annoyance, I still love the car after 5 years (especially when I pull out to pass!). No other problems with the car except for a heater recirculation door actuator, and of course the peeling chrome on the tail lights.

The Bone

Post by The Bone » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:16 am

I hate ACC. Mine hits the brakes with a truck in the other lane on a slight curve on the freeway. I get so mad because if there is another guy behind me it's like I am brake checking him. I can't even turn off the ACC part. I did however get the alarm of the collision to stop but the lights still flash. I like to drive my car. I like to pay attention to whats going on around me. Some of this new technology is nice but some of it is dangerous. Especially when the car brake checks you. I cant even use the cruise unless I am the only car on the road.

drkbul
Vehicle: 13 Taurus SHO non-pp tux blk

Post by drkbul » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:14 am

I also had this issue, also my ACC and auto dimming headlight didn't work. It was so bad every intersection I went through my car would yell at me. They finally replaced the module and now everything works perfect. Sooooo happy with my car now. Now if I could only dissable of that darn stilbility control my bull would be perfect.

kuenstrc
Vehicle: 2011 Taurus Limited

Post by kuenstrc » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:05 am

just bought a used 2011 Taurus with 86k miles and I found that the adaptive cruise control will not stay on and say "sensor blocked", "CC not available" etc. Took it back to the dealer ship I bought it from and they say the sensor has failed and needs to be replaced. I pointed out that it does work intermittently but they insist a new sensor is the only fix. That will cost me approx. $3500.00. Does anyone have any other suggestions or info. Could sure use some help.