If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

front clicking noise

svenergy

front clicking noise

Post by svenergy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:33 pm

I have a 2013 Taurus SHO PP and started to get a clicking noise on the front when I was turning the wheel. I fount a TSB on that and ford fixed it. Well they thought they fixed it. About a month ago the noise came back again. Now they replaced the vacuum plates on both sides. I got a call that the car was ready and within a few seconds the noise came back. I didn't even leave the lot. So the dealer said they would have to call ford to get a technician down to look at it. This noise has been going on now for a while. Not sure what the next step is
So was wondering if anyone else had this issue and if they got theirs fixed and stayed fixed. The car has 2100 miles on it and love it.

Second issue is the transmission seems to hesitate and when changing gears seems hard. Has anyone had any of these issues with theirs.

I hope someone can give me some help what they have done so I can get this fixed. Some of the issues with this car have been in the shop more than my Honda had in 8 years. It seems that this car is always something with it. I use it as a daily driver and love it but man I hate the weeks or months I have spent at the dealership, I feel like I should get a job there.

97Towncar

Re: front clicking noise

Post by 97Towncar » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:49 pm

2014 SHO. I have the same clicking/creaking noise noise when turning. It sounds like the noise if coming from the front left wheel. Ive checked the ball joints etc. everything looks OK.

The dealer has looked at it twice now and they are not sure where the clicking/creaking noise is coming from. The noise is getting more consistent and it's due for a 3rd look.

Do you have a link to the TSB?

Thank you

robjarvis1

Post by robjarvis1 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:47 am

Generally a clicking noise while turning is a cv joint, to the best of my knowledge

svenergy

Post by svenergy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:29 am

WOW....same issues i have had with my 2013 Sho pp since a few months after i bought it. They have basically replaced all the items on the tsb amd the cv joints but still there. The transmission same issue i went under the car and found a leak they fixed it but still hesitates and sometimes shifts rough. They checked it and said its normal i have all the papers so if it messes up. The only other thing i found brakes were sticking and cracked the rotors in the back. Keep me updated if they can fix it. I am at 40000 miles now so have to use extended warranty

Mdiacaboni3

Post by Mdiacaboni3 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:56 pm

My 2010 same thing for 120,000 miles now replaced the rack com pinion in stopped 1500.00 fix

97Towncar

Post by 97Towncar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Im scheduled next week to bring the car in. Never thought of the rack n pinion. Ill keep you guys posted.

Thanks