If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2010 sho push button start will not start

rober5467

2010 sho push button start will not start

Post by rober5467 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:00 pm

i have a will not start problem for the 2nd time.
when I push the start button nothing happens ignition wise. after trying everthing, including the 2 ways to by pass the key fab according to the ownwers manual,with negative results. It allows me to enter the vehicle, lock and unlock it, radio, lights, every thing works well, but it will not start. upon pushing the start button every thing happens as normal( guages move and light up, nav syestem lights up ect...) but nothing happens with the ignition. it is almost like it is not recognizing that I have my foot on the brake.
The remote battery is new. The first time it resulted in a tow and the replacement of a perfectly good car battery.
This time it also resulted in a tow, and then it started whe I got to the garage.
perplexed.

garage said that thgey could not find any thing wrong with the car.
Last edited by rober5467 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Domain

Re: 2010 sho push button start will not start

Post by Domain » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:30 pm

When the car fails to start, do you try putting the fob into the PATS "pocket"/backup transceiver slot?
Current: 2017 Ford Explorer -- Limited AWD 2.3L
Past: 2014 Ford Taurus - SEL AWD

MacPointMan
Vehicle: 2010 Ford Taurus SHO

Re: 2010 sho push button start will not start

Post by MacPointMan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:18 pm

I have the same exact issue. I stopped by the local dealer and they suggested a $129 Diag / Battery could be the culprit / or reprogramming the keyfobs. The key fobs work fine unlock the car activate the push button start and everything except starting the car.

The car did start with a jumpstart that last time the issue cropped up. Continuing to check it when the issue comes up again but only driving the car sparingly due to the issue as I do not want to get stuck in a random parking lot.

Now on to solving the HVAC issue.