If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2014 SHO with 1200 miles missing, stalling, goes into limp mode...DANGEROUS!

TRBOSHO

2014 SHO with 1200 miles missing, stalling, goes into limp mode...DANGEROUS!

Post by TRBOSHO » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:41 pm

This is my second SHO. I had a 2010 that was absolutely perfect. This 2014 has been less than stellar. It started when I noticed that something rubbed the paint on the fender while it was still wet.... And the car was "inspected and test driven" by the sticker on the window. The rear sunshade catches and pops, the headliner was broken near the CHMSL and had to be replaced.

I have never driven this car in the winter or EVEN THE RAIN!

I drove this car maybe 10 times since I bought it. It was a nice day a few weeks ago and I took it out. Well.... the other things were a nuisance, but now it won't hardly run. Under acceleration, it coughs and sputters, then will go into limp mode and has NO acceleration! You have to pull to the side and turn the car off for a minute, then restart it. Then it will start all over again if you accelerate any more than 1/4 throttle.

I'm less than happy at this point. I took the car to the dealer. They checked the boost sensor, thought the wire might have been loose and called me to pick it up. I drove away from the dealer.... SAME problem! I drove it right back there and 2 weeks later they don't know what is happening. They have experienced the problem now, but don't have any idea what it is....

Not a great feeling on this car with only 1200 miles on it!

Domain

Re: 2014 SHO with 1200 miles missing, stalling, goes into limp mode...DANGEROUS!

Post by Domain » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:44 am

Were they able to pull codes when the car went into limp? Or was it because the limp had cleared, they couldn't?
Current: 2017 Ford Explorer -- Limited AWD 2.3L
Past: 2014 Ford Taurus - SEL AWD

FordCustomerService

Re: 2014 SHO with 1200 miles missing, stalling, goes into limp mode...DANGEROUS!

Post by FordCustomerService » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:54 am

TRBOSHO wrote:...This 2014 has been less than stellar...The rear sunshade catches and pops...

...now it won't hardly run. Under acceleration, it coughs and sputters, then will go into limp mode and has NO acceleration! You have to pull to the side and turn the car off for a minute, then restart it. Then it will start all over again if you accelerate any more than 1/4 throttle.

I'm less than happy at this point. I took the car to the dealer. They checked the boost sensor, thought the wire might have been loose and called me to pick it up. I drove away from the dealer.... SAME problem! I drove it right back there and 2 weeks later they don't know what is happening. They have experienced the problem now, but don't have any idea what it is....

Not a great feeling on this car with only 1200 miles on it!
Hi TRBOSHO,

I want to check out some additional assistance. Please send me your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

TRBOSHO

Post by TRBOSHO » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:56 pm

Domain wrote:Were they able to pull codes when the car went into limp? Or was it because the limp had cleared, they couldn't?
They cleared on their own most times, but on one occasion a code or two remained. That's what prompted them to check the boost sensor. It checked out, and apparently there have been different codes set while in the dealers care.

TRBOSHO

Post by TRBOSHO » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:15 pm

FordCustomerService wrote:Hi TRBOSHO,

I want to check out some additional assistance. Please send me your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan
Meagan,

Thanks for looking into this.... PM Sent..

TRBOSHO

Post by TRBOSHO » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:29 am

Well....Here is an update....

I haven't heard back from Ford at all! I sent my info via PM and NOTHING.

The car is still at the dealer, and they still don't have a clue as to what it is. I only drive this car in the summer and on nice days. It's nearing the 3 week mark now and I'm sure they've driven the car more than me this year....

What a difference between my first SHO and this one.... I'm optimistic, but not very happy right now....

Domain

Post by Domain » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:37 am

If you get the car back without a repair, ask for a "blackbox."

Dealer can program their diagnostic module to record certain potentially troublesome variables and trigger a recording when you press a button on a pendant. May help in the diagnosis.

Give me a call if you want someone to drive your SHO :D

Kidding, but seriously, hope you get it fixed.
Current: 2017 Ford Explorer -- Limited AWD 2.3L
Past: 2014 Ford Taurus - SEL AWD

jmr061

Post by jmr061 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:53 am

Domain wrote:If you get the car back without a repair, ask for a "blackbox."

Dealer can program their diagnostic module to record certain potentially troublesome variables and trigger a recording when you press a button on a pendant. May help in the diagnosis.

Give me a call if you want someone to drive your SHO :D

Kidding, but seriously, hope you get it fixed.
It is a called a Flight Recorder.
Jason
2016 Edge Sport
www.FordPIMods.com
I was looking over your site and wanted to say, thank you for all the info. - CrownedKing 11/2015

TRBOSHO

Post by TRBOSHO » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:00 am

They said that they had witnessed the issue and it in fact left the mechanic stranded for a bit.

They then installed a monitoring device and have been driving it..... Unfortunately, they tell me that it won't act up with the recording device hooked up.

Thanks for the kind words. Hoping for a resolution soon....

TRBOSHO

Post by TRBOSHO » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:51 pm

Well I got the car back with the data recorder for the weekend. It didn't act up once during the weekend.

So.... now I have to wonder if it is going to do it again. Nothing was fixed.... It's just a cross your fingers thing for now...