If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

A few questions from a new SHO owner

Pacers182
Vehicle: 2011 Ford Taurus SHO

A few questions from a new SHO owner

Post by Pacers182 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:44 pm

Hello everyone, I just bought a Ruby Red 2011 SHO with ~78000 miles. I had a couple questions and I was hoping someone here could help. First, I have the remote start with the seperate fob. The problem is that it turns off when I unlock and open the door. I know this is a common complaint and have found some videos online that show how to disable it, but when I try to replicate it, it doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's because I have the push to start or what. I've tried the method of holding down the service button and brake for ten seconds with the acc power on (hitting the button without holding the brake first) and it hasn't worked. Anyone know how I can get this accomplished?

Second, is there any way to turn off the touch screen display? As in black it out. My buddy has a Pontiac g8 gt and there's a little weird button press he can do on his headlight control that blacks out the interior and I was just wondering if there is something similar on our cars?

Also, if there's anything else you think I should know I'd love to hear any tips or quirks.