If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

93 Taurus Starting Problem

93taurus

93 Taurus Starting Problem

Post by 93taurus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:17 am

My 93 Taurus GL 3.0 fails to start once every few months or so. The starter turns over but engine fails to run. I usually hear the electric fuel pump run when it pressurizes the system as I turn the key to its first position. When this no start problem happens, the pump is silent. After a few tries, the car starts right up.

Any ideas on where to start looking would be appreciated.

ericnelena

Re: 93 Taurus Starting Problem

Post by ericnelena » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:17 pm

If the pump is primed it wont do it again so if it made the noise a couple times and your still trying it might not make the sound that simply may mean that it has enough pressure but it may also be going out intermittent problems are pains thats kinda what im going through to check to see if you have fuel pressure to the motor there is a lil thing on top of the motor follow the fuel lines and you will see it mine is to my left it looks just like tire stems on everything with wheels that youve driven since you got your first bike it has the same cap that you have to unscrew as on your tires take that off and theres going to be a little bar that sticks up a lil in the middle of it press that with a stick if gass sprays out you have pressure it takes a gauge and knowing the specs to know if its enough or not but atleast you will know you have fuel pressure if you do then next check for fire remember it only takes fuel fire and air good luck ignition coil maybe going out or you could have a loose wire lots of things are possible just poke around get a book on the car they will help alot with things like this they usally have trouble shooting in the front of them that literally will say car turns over but wont start look there

93taurus

Post by 93taurus » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:14 am

Thanks for the information.

Update: I traced the problem to the relay box that's next to the battery under a plastic covering. When the car doesn't start, I give the relay a rap with a piece of wood. Turn the key and I hear the fuel pump and it starts right up. This happens very infrequently so I'll live with it for now.

93taurus

Post by 93taurus » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:30 am

93taurus wrote:Thanks for the information.

Update: I traced the problem to the relay box that's next to the battery under a plastic covering. When the car doesn't start, I give the relay a rap with a piece of wood. Turn the key and I hear the fuel pump and it starts right up. This happens very infrequently so I'll live with it for now.
Photo of part mentioned in my post....

92 93 94 95 FORD TAURUS MULTI FUNCTION CONTROL MODULE F6DF-12B577-AA 296046

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-93-94-95-FOR ... 10&vxp=mtr

Donw

Re: 2002 Sable Starting Problem

Post by Donw » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:21 am

Takes a lot of cranks to start recently, changing fuel filter didn''t help. The car has 130k. Any ideas?

Chris the Plumber
Vehicle: 1995 Mercury Sable

Post by Chris the Plumber » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:40 pm

Is a Multi Function Control Module the same thing as a Constant Control Relay Module? Both are talked about in relation to engine not running posts