If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Blew a fuse - no trunk lights- when I pop trunk interior lights shut off. Does anyone know which fuse is blown?

Soda_can_dan
Vehicle: 2015 FORD TAURUS POLICE INTCPR

Blew a fuse - no trunk lights- when I pop trunk interior lights shut off. Does anyone know which fuse is blown?

Post by Soda_can_dan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Title says it all. I had my trunk spark and one of the lights hit metal and I know I popped a fuse. Just can’t figure out which one. Now I have no trunk lights. When I pop the trunk the interior lights completely power off until the trunk is closed. I can not locate the fuse I popped. Does anyone know specifically which one it is? Any help is greatly appreciated.

TerryY
Vehicle: 2013 Police Interceptor Sedan

Re: Blew a fuse - no trunk lights- when I pop trunk interior lights shut off. Does anyone know which fuse is blown?

Post by TerryY » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:42 pm

You may still have a short if the interiors go off opening the trunk.

Soda_can_dan
Vehicle: 2015 FORD TAURUS POLICE INTCPR

Re: Blew a fuse - no trunk lights- when I pop trunk interior lights shut off. Does anyone know which fuse is blown?

Post by Soda_can_dan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 pm

I don’t think there’s a short. I had the bulb and lamp housing hanging from the wire harness with the lights on and when I moved the wires the bulb / lamp housing hit the bare metal of the trunk and then went out. I don’t think it’s a short I’m pretty sure I just popped a fuse. I don’t have the manual so its not that easy seeing what fuse is to what.