If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Several 2013 EcoBoost Interceptor Questions

tool_462

Post by tool_462 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:37 pm

I recently acquired a 2013 Ford Police Interceptor Sedan. It is the AWD EcoBoost 3.5L version. It is still "police style" interior and I'm trying to make it a little more family friendly.

After a fair bit of internet searching, I came here to see if anyone can answer a few specific questions.

1) Does anyone know where to find a roof "grab handle" for either side in the back seat? Not looking to spend the outrageous OEM parts catalog price primarily for the sportcoat hook factor.

2) Any suggestions for a pair of front (budget friendly) floor mats? The vinyl floor is pretty slick when wet and no need to tear it up with nothing underneath.

3) Has anyone installed an engine block heater in one of these? It will be parked outside in northern Minnesota. It may already have one, I didn't see a plug or cord anywhere but it may be hidden and I don't know where to look.

4) What center consoles have people used after converting to non-police mode? There is one for $149 on eBay that should work fine but it's pretty short (in length) and just looking for options.

5) Any other suggestions for cheap "upgrades" like spark plugs, filters, oil, etc? It should have been well maintained by the police department but you never know, it probably had it's share of 365 hp joy rides too.

jmr061

Post by jmr061 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Bringing the window sticker up would tell if it has an engine heater.

Check tascaparts.com for the grab handle. Actually if you don't mind I have one with a broken flip cover over the screw. I bought a new one to replace it. It's the driver side.

Floor mats...good luck with that one. No hold downs. I know someone had the entire carpet on eBay a while back. Not sure if it sold.
Jason
2016 Edge Sport
www.FordPIMods.com
I was looking over your site and wanted to say, thank you for all the info. - CrownedKing 11/2015

Domain

Re: Several 2013 EcoBoost Interceptor Questions

Post by Domain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:26 pm

1.) Hit up a junkyard if Tasca is still too pricey.

2.) Not a clue.

3.) We'll have to see once we run an OASIS report to see how the vehicle was built; PM Jason or I with your VIN and one of us can take a look.

4.) Not a clue.

5.) I'd put a tune on it, but that's just my first step. I'd also see the link in Jason's sig for some nice upgrades including Remote Start and AWD torque gauge. If you do have him turn on Remote Start and the fob wireless distance is too short, I'd also look into the "Ford Remote Access" cloud based remote start. Plug and play install you can do yourself within a couple of hours. Few hundred to add that system, but I love mine, it's worth it.

Even if you just go with the normal Remote Start-fob only-the vehicle is smart enough to adjust internal cabin climate to warm the vehicle--you don't need to pre-set the defroster or anything. It's extremely slick.
Current: 2017 Ford Explorer -- Limited AWD 2.3L
Past: 2014 Ford Taurus - SEL AWD

jmr061

Re: Several 2013 EcoBoost Interceptor Questions

Post by jmr061 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:51 am

I also have a center console from a 2010 that will fit. Interested?
Jason
2016 Edge Sport
www.FordPIMods.com
I was looking over your site and wanted to say, thank you for all the info. - CrownedKing 11/2015