If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Will Taurus SHO steering wheel swap onto Taurus PI W/ no issues?

Soda_can_dan
Vehicle: 2015 FORD TAURUS POLICE INTCPR

Will Taurus SHO steering wheel swap onto Taurus PI W/ no issues?

Post by Soda_can_dan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Hey, I just came across a brand new SHO steering wheel on eBay. I noticed the only differences is the Aux buttons (1,2,3 & 4). I have no use for the aux buttons as I don’t have plans to install any light packages now or in the future. I’m wondering if this would be a simple plug and play? Or would modifications be needed to the harness? Has anyone done this swap? I figured since I swapped in the center console and leather seats, that this would be a nice addition.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1026900889
Last edited by Soda_can_dan on Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

policeinterceptorfan

Re: Will Taurus SHO steering wheel swap onto Taurus PI W/ no issues?

Post by policeinterceptorfan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:35 pm

you're really gonna pay 565 for a standard pi steering wheel with some leather wraps?

Soda_can_dan

Post by Soda_can_dan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:53 pm

Anything aftermarket won’t look nearly as good as oem. My PI HAS 27k miles and was only in service for 4K miles, which is like a week or two. So the cars interior is in great shape. I sourced a brand new console and leather seats from a 2017 Taurus with under 1k miles. So I need something that will match the condition of the rest of the interior. I’ve looked and haven’t found any of these steering wheels at local junk yards with low miles. I figured if I found a steering wheel with 20k miles it would run me a couple hundred bucks, double that wouldn’t kill me. Lol

policeinterceptorfan

Post by policeinterceptorfan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Soda_can_dan wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:53 pm
Anything aftermarket won’t look nearly as good as oem. My PI HAS 27k miles and was only in service for 4K miles, which is like a week or two. So the cars interior is in great shape. I sourced a brand new console and leather seats from a 2017 Taurus with under 1k miles. So I need something that will match the condition of the rest of the interior. I’ve looked and haven’t found any of these steering wheels at local junk yards with low miles. I figured if I found a steering wheel with 20k miles it would run me a couple hundred bucks, double that wouldn’t kill me. Lol
why was it in service for so little? are you the 2nd owner?

Soda_can_dan

Post by Soda_can_dan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm

It had damage to the front right fender. Only cosmetic. I’m guessing that department just sells any cars that get damaged while in service... I got a new oem fender and had my guy blend it real nice 😁

mymangochutney
Vehicle: Taurus FPIS 2013

Post by mymangochutney » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:26 am

Soda_can_dan wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
It had damage to the front right fender. Only cosmetic. I’m guessing that department just sells any cars that get damaged while in service... I got a new oem fender and had my guy blend it real nice 😁
Worth it to swap the wheel man, it's the one thing you touch every second while using the car!