If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

NYS laws on pa / loud hailer on a personal vehicle

Ghost911
Vehicle: 13 Ford Taurus interceptor 3.5

NYS laws on pa / loud hailer on a personal vehicle

Post by Ghost911 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:44 pm

So I drive a 2013 Ford Taurus police interceptor and I am thinking of installing a PA system that projects voice and a few emergency siren sounds. I mainly bought it to screw with my friends. ( not to try and pull people over ). I've looked and looked on state laws regarding this.
Attachments
IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG (309.91 KiB) Viewed 283 times

TWIN TOWERS NYC
Vehicle: 2013 TAURUS PI

Re: NYS laws on pa / loud hailer on a personal vehicle

Post by TWIN TOWERS NYC » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:08 pm

The NYS VTL section 375 is VERY clear on this topic. a PA isn't the crime of the century, it's actually listed as unlawful use of siren/gong.. Red blue white lights are listed as unlawful use of emergency lights like. My advice to you is, everything is legal until you do it in the presence of a police officer with nothing better to do.

policeinterceptorfan

Post by policeinterceptorfan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 am

what do you mean screw with your friends... you could catch an impersonation charge.

Soda_can_dan
Vehicle: 2015 FORD TAURUS POLICE INTCPR

Post by Soda_can_dan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:45 am

They don’t make any good quality PA system that doesn’t have sirens along with it. I live in NY and use to have a galls street thunder on my truck specifically for the PA system. It’s not worth the trouble you get. Luckily I knew it started to get hot and I pulled mine out before they tore my truck apart looking for it. Don’t put lights or sirens. Idk where in ny you live, but down here near the city, it’s super hot since that cop just died from FF. It’s not worth it.

When I do get pulled over in my interceptor that has no lights or sirens, the first thing they ask me when they come up to my window is “ do you have any lights or sirens?”.

Impersonating a police officer is a felony charge. It is fun to mess around, but you run a real big risk.

Ghost911
Vehicle: 13 Ford Taurus interceptor 3.5

Post by Ghost911 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:56 am

Thanks for the input guys.

Jake_Blues
Vehicle: 2013 Police Interceptor Sedan

Post by Jake_Blues » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 pm

i remember seeing on YT somewhere where some idiots were using their car alarms as sirens.