If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Cheaper Hood Switch For Remote Start

TR1L0GYxL3AGU3
Vehicle: 2015 FPIS 3.7L V6 AWD

Cheaper Hood Switch For Remote Start

Post by TR1L0GYxL3AGU3 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:40 am

Found this looking for a hood switch I could get overnighted as I forgot to order one when getting the ODBlink SX off amazon. This 1X4Z-14018-BA is the same parts as BT4Z-19G366-A just cheaper and can be pulled from a junk yard on older vehicles, which can save your time and money got mine for $1. Works great on my '15 FPIS. Here is a list for vehicles that use this part here. I pulled it from a '08 Mercury Milan took a little effort to remove recommend bring a flat head screwdriver, but I just used a pocket knife to press down the clip on the front side and used my hand for the clip on the back side since it was accessible. This is the remote I used, thanks to crownedking's useful part numbers thread saw they were the same as the ebay ones he posted also GonzoWerke had found these keys first just happened upon his post. Only thing is I have to press them a couple of times to get it to work. If anyone knows how to fix that please let me know.

PS If this has been posted before please let me know haven't seen anything yet.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (759.39 KiB) Viewed 154 times

GonzoWerke
Vehicle: 2013 Police Interceptor

Re: Cheaper Hood Switch For Remote Start

Post by GonzoWerke » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:30 am

Or, you could just cut the wires, solder them together, and put some heatshrink on there.