If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

project 2013 craigslist buy 3.5 to 3.7 and stereo upgrade

m3e36addict

project 2013 craigslist buy 3.5 to 3.7 and stereo upgrade

Post by m3e36addict » Fri May 10, 2019 11:09 am

got one of these a few months ago on craigslist 108k on the clock some nice silver metallic color. Bad waterpump timing chain all loose and knocks in engine. pulled up a trailer though lol.
I got quite a deal on it. Camera on my phone requires me to hit it to focus. So I did not really get many pictures or video.
got a 2014 engine from a mks 3.7 liter. 30k miles for $600 added new waterpump not sure if i will change it in 60k miles or 75k?
rebuilt ptu and filled with amsoil, and added longer vent tube. May add closed loop cooler for ptu or inline radiator.
probably going to add a tune at some point soon within the next month. Just started driving this week. logging coolant temps and afr.
the factory ecu seems to be ok with the 3.7 but some power could be gained definitely with more fuel.
Getting 20 mpg. seeing 5-6% stft so not bad on both banks, this is with the factory 3.5 injectors.
Had to get a drivers cv joint after the swap and yesterday picked up another radio heater bezel.
Cut the circuit board in half for room for a double din pioneer and low and behold the heater and all buttons below the cd eject work.
Pics to follow
Last edited by m3e36addict on Fri May 10, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

m3e36addict

Re: project 2013 craigslist buy 3.5 to 3.7 and stereo upgrade

Post by m3e36addict » Fri May 10, 2019 11:23 am

does anyone know the range of the factory keyfob with autostart, I have a older autopage 2 way with one mile range laying around. Was thinking of installing it. But may be easier to just use factory if the oem keyfobs are $20

seens123
Vehicle: 2013 Taurus Police Interceptor

Post by seens123 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi, I have been trying to do the stereo upgrade for a very long time, but I have had a huge trouble finding a wire harness adapter that adapts to the original ACM cable. I got one harness from Maestro but it was no good. What did you use? And did the process require swapping fuses, running new wires, etc?

I ended up getting the bezel out of a Taurus with MyTouch off eBay, hoping I can put my Sony CarPlay stereo where the MyTouch display would originally go.

As for the key fobs, I bought a knockoff one off amazon and am able to get about 20-30 feet out of it, however sometimes I do have to press the start button more than twice for it to trigger the car to start.

Looking forward to the pictures.

m3e36addict

Post by m3e36addict » Tue May 14, 2019 7:56 am

so unfortunately i got everything wired up. but noticed my heater controls reversed so cold is hot and hot is cold, which would be no big deal to me I could relabel it. But not only that it does not get as warm as it did before. So I am going to look at relocating the full panel down while keeping the whole circuit board. or find if the auto climate control will swap over if the circuit board is smaller. even if i have to plastic weld or fiberglass a bunch of stuff I will make it fit.

After I put the engine back in I have not recharged the ac system its been on the to do list. I know the ac button light works but not have tested further.

m3e36addict

Post by m3e36addict » Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 am

as far as the wiring since there seems to be no metra harness, i hacked up the original harness and tapped into a few of the wires for power and ground etc. ignition sw for switched 12v,
Really I only cut 4 wires for the rear speakers. I ran new seperate 14 gauge wire for the front speakers as I was going to possibly upgrade down the line.
Last edited by m3e36addict on Tue May 14, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

m3e36addict

Post by m3e36addict » Tue May 14, 2019 8:16 am

through some quick searching the Ford edge heater panel circuit board may be usable as it looks the same can bus plugin and is smaller in dimensions. Just have to check dimensions and plugin harness and make the trim fit properly and see what else is needed for swapping the climate control. Will try and look at one at a yard sometime soon.