If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Front Seat Conversion

nate12387
Vehicle: 2016 ford taurus police interc

Front Seat Conversion

Post by nate12387 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Would would it take to remove the front driver and passenger seat from an SHO and install it into an interceptor? I know there was a thread in this issue however I can't find it anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

mope
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

Re: Front Seat Conversion

Post by mope » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:13 am

There are some differences across the years (passenger seat weight sensor, etc) so it's best to try to find donors from the same year just to be safe.

Passenger side may be plug and play. Driver side out of a SHO is likely a memory seat and you'll have to bypass the memory module and plug wiring directly into the seat switch. I can provide a picture of the rewired seat switch so you can see the wiring alignment (at least from my year). A general understanding of electronics is necessary; you should be prepared to unpin/repin connectors, salvage wiring from PIS seat and rerun in the SHO, etc.

Also, if the SHO seats are from a wreck, your seat belt pretensioners are probably blown and you'll need to get new ones (or leave the pillar based pretensioners in the PIS and swap over the PIS buckles/disable the SHO buckle pretensioners)

nate12387
Vehicle: 2016 ford taurus police interc

Re: Front Seat Conversion

Post by nate12387 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:08 pm

mope wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:13 am
There are some differences across the years (passenger seat weight sensor, etc) so it's best to try to find donors from the same year just to be safe.

Passenger side may be plug and play. Driver side out of a SHO is likely a memory seat and you'll have to bypass the memory module and plug wiring directly into the seat switch. I can provide a picture of the rewired seat switch so you can see the wiring alignment (at least from my year). A general understanding of electronics is necessary; you should be prepared to unpin/repin connectors, salvage wiring from PIS seat and rerun in the SHO, etc.

Also, if the SHO seats are from a wreck, your seat belt pretensioners are probably blown and you'll need to get new ones (or leave the pillar based pretensioners in the PIS and swap over the PIS buckles/disable the SHO buckle pretensioners)
Sweet thanks for the info.

Nathan