If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

AUX/LINE IN

Trevor80
Vehicle: 2013, Ford , Taurus, PI

AUX/LINE IN

Post by Trevor80 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Need some help. I have a 2013 PI and have installed the aux/ Line in bezel in the dash and activated the feature via Forscan. I need the Harness that goes from the bezel to the radio and a little guidance on where exactly it plugs into. Thanks.

seens123
Vehicle: 2013 Taurus Police Interceptor

Re: AUX/LINE IN

Post by seens123 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:36 pm

The only solution I know of this is the harness sold by FLVPMods. It’s a little pricey but works perfectly and includes install instructions. Maybe others can chime in with other solutions.

https://www.flvpmods.com/

andynumbers
Vehicle: 2015 FPIS 3.7 AWD

Post by andynumbers » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:55 am

If you're handy with a soldering iron, you can solder the wires directly from the line in connector to the bottom of the radio PCB. Don't waste money on that harness. Here's how I did it:

I soldered wires directly from the pins on the back of the aux jack directly to the exposed aux pins on the bottom of the radio. It's not pretty but it works. You have to cut/bend some of the metal on the bottom of the radio to expose the solder pads. This soldering bypasses the existing wiring harness.

On the aux jack I believe pins 1 and 4 are L and R + and 2 and 3 are GND. To figure out the pinout I plugged in a TRS to RCA cable (headphone plug to red and white RCA) and used a multimeter to probe the pins. You will have to cut away some of the plastic on the back of the jack to solder to the pins. Since I'm not using the real connector it's not a big deal.

The radio pinout is here: Image

You will have to solder to pins 17,18 and 6 directly on the bottom of the radio PCB. Your car wiring harness does not have these pins populated.

Sorry for not taking pictures.

detkay
Vehicle: 14 FPIS • 16 FPIU • 17 TAH. PP

Post by detkay » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:54 am

I second seens123, check with Jason of FLVP Mods. Price is good, for plug and play installation.
Current: '14 Ford PI Sedan TT EcoBoost • '16 Ford PI Utility TT EcoBoost • '17 Chevy Tahoe Pursuit
Previously Owned: '11 Ford CVPI • '14 Ford F150 Platinum • '16 Dodge Charger Police Package

crownedking

Post by crownedking » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:03 pm

i'd highly recommend staying away from that site. Those are just parts he has modified for people who can't do it themselves. You would still need to use forscan to enable.
DON'T buy from paid PI mod sites, stay away from dealer programming! message me for help or questions.

"If you believe you can figure it out on your own then by all means do feel free to do so. I have nothing against people who want to do it on their own. I am not aware of anyone else that has done it though." - jmr061 - Jason Rasmussen

detkay

Post by detkay » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:20 pm

What would be the easiest way, aside from his way?
Current: '14 Ford PI Sedan TT EcoBoost • '16 Ford PI Utility TT EcoBoost • '17 Chevy Tahoe Pursuit
Previously Owned: '11 Ford CVPI • '14 Ford F150 Platinum • '16 Dodge Charger Police Package

crownedking

Post by crownedking » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:07 pm

buy the parts yourself or go to any salvage yard and get them. need to look up the radio harness later.

BT4Z-19C149-B
8L8Z-19A164-A
3U2Z-14S411-PRB

i should start selling these for 100. could make like 10 right now.
DON'T buy from paid PI mod sites, stay away from dealer programming! message me for help or questions.

"If you believe you can figure it out on your own then by all means do feel free to do so. I have nothing against people who want to do it on their own. I am not aware of anyone else that has done it though." - jmr061 - Jason Rasmussen

detkay

Post by detkay » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:15 pm

That works too, even if you do sell, people do definitely have options than having themselves forced into the PI mods site tbh. Maybe we can make a group buy for these aux wiring/connectors through you, would be a lot better?

crownedking

Post by crownedking » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:22 pm

I work a full time job and have kids... :? i'd only make them to help people out. the pimods site is rebranded. i think he's focused more on sync mods now then ripping PI owners off. I just wish more people would diy, then buy from that site. I thought someone on here made a really good aux guide, but maybe i'm wrong.

detkay

Post by detkay » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:30 pm

Me included, but wouldn’t be a rush kind of thing. Tbh I gotta agree with you there. The pricing is a bit way overpriced as some people have said. I would love to see a DIY, full out. That’s how you’ll learn better tbh. Haven’t seen one yet though.

crownedking

Post by crownedking » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:44 pm

All the parts are there. Maybe i'll make a few and write a guide.

detkay

Post by detkay » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Perfect sounds good!