If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Rear Door Lock Rods 2014 Police Sedan

montanaman
Vehicle: 2014 Police Sedan

Rear Door Lock Rods 2014 Police Sedan

Post by montanaman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Hello again guys - my 2014 Police Sedan has working rear door handles, but no lock rods sticking up.

Has anybody installed them lately, and if so do you have the parts numbers for what I need?

Thanks!

Stick462
Vehicle: 2015 ford taurus intercepter

Re: Rear Door Lock Rods 2014 Police Sedan

Post by Stick462 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:29 am

Most Tauruseptors have child proof locks were the lock rod is
mounted in the front of the rear doors facing toward the front doors. Open your driver door and look at the rear door toward the upper top edge. Should be a lock plunger there.

montanaman
Vehicle: 2014 Police Sedan

Post by montanaman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Can I put one in on the top as well?

Michael11
Vehicle: 2014 Police Interceptor

Post by Michael11 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:29 pm

montanaman wrote:Can I put one in on the top as well?
I was actually into this today. I got my rear handles and windows working. The plunger / knob will work along with the hidden one at the front of the door. If yours is the same as mine, the lower rod is cut off, you will need to buy the plunger and the lower rod that attaches to. Not sure, but I'm thinking you need to pull the latch assembly to swap out the one that is cut.

The Bone

Post by The Bone » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:32 am

Where did you get this car. it's not legal to sell a car to the public without rear door locks. Its a safety feature. Take it back to where you purchased the car and have them fix it. They have to fix it for free.It doesn't matter who disabled it but it has to function before it can be sold.

Steele
Vehicle: 2013 Police Interceptor Sedan

Post by Steele » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:38 am

The Bone wrote:Where did you get this car. it's not legal to sell a car to the public without rear door locks. Its a safety feature. Take it back to where you purchased the car and have them fix it. They have to fix it for free.It doesn't matter who disabled it but it has to function before it can be sold.
So untrue that I'm not even sure if you're trying to make a joke out of it.
2013 Police Interceptor Sedan

The Bone

Post by The Bone » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:48 am

Not a joke. So you have your kids in the car and you have a wreak and what you cant get your kids out. Seriously. You cant sell a car in the US without a functioning air bag but the door locks dont have to work? Now if I personally want to sell you a car and not be a dealer than I casn sell you anything but if I was a dealer than i can't sell that car that way. So the question is did he get the car from the dealer or some guy.

Michael11
Vehicle: 2014 Police Interceptor

Post by Michael11 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:23 pm

The Bone wrote:Not a joke. So you have your kids in the car and you have a wreak and what you cant get your kids out. Seriously. You cant sell a car in the US without a functioning air bag but the door locks dont have to work? Now if I personally want to sell you a car and not be a dealer than I casn sell you anything but if I was a dealer than i can't sell that car that way. So the question is did he get the car from the dealer or some guy.
Modern cars come with child locks on the rear doors, if there was an accident. The result is exactly the same. Doors open from the outside only, not the inside.. Right? Also, the police operate the car this way, they have to abide to the law as well.

GhostRider
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Post by GhostRider » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:39 pm

Retired police vehicles are sold this way all the time. In fact, when my former agency got CVPI's, the door rods in the trunk were thrown away. At least Ford got wise and now includes them IN the door to make them easy to reconnect for the next owner.
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)

kyledooley

Post by kyledooley » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Stick462 wrote:Most Tauruseptors have child proof locks were the lock rod is
mounted in the front of the rear doors facing toward the front doors. Open your driver door and look at the rear door toward the upper top edge. Should be a lock plunger there.
Does anyone have a picture of this?

eguterac
Vehicle: 14 Ford Taurus Police

Post by eguterac » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:16 pm

Michael11 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:29 pm
montanaman wrote:Can I put one in on the top as well?
I was actually into this today. I got my rear handles and windows working. The plunger / knob will work along with the hidden one at the front of the door. If yours is the same as mine, the lower rod is cut off, you will need to buy the plunger and the lower rod that attaches to. Not sure, but I'm thinking you need to pull the latch assembly to swap out the one that is cut.
Hi, I'm sort of in the same boat as you but I fixed the handles and now my doors open. But what I did notice is the my rear windows don't operate. As the driver I'm able to operate the rear windows but the passengers are not able to. I checked fuse but I cant seem to fine a blown fuse. Can you help? How did you fix yours?

crownedking

Post by crownedking » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:40 pm

lower left, behind driver side seat and near the b pillar: peal the carpet back (or SHlT rubber), you should find a gray connector tapped (purple wire?), plug that together and make sure the rear switches are connected.
DON'T buy from paid PI mod sites, stay away from dealer programming! message me for help or questions.

"If you believe you can figure it out on your own then by all means do feel free to do so. I have nothing against people who want to do it on their own. I am not aware of anyone else that has done it though." - jmr061 - Jason Rasmussen

eguterac
Vehicle: 14 Ford Taurus Police

Post by eguterac » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:01 pm

crownedking wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:40 pm
lower left, behind driver side seat and near the b pillar: peal the carpet back (or SHlT rubber), you should find a gray connector tapped (purple wire?), plug that together and make sure the rear switches are connected.
Found it! Thanks for the info!
Attachments
IMG_20190928_140250.jpg
IMG_20190928_140250.jpg (303.6 KiB) Viewed 2003 times