If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

New to Police Interceptors - HELP 2015 PI Sedan

alwayson1T
Vehicle: 2015 Police Interceptor Sedan

New to Police Interceptors - HELP 2015 PI Sedan

Post by alwayson1T » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:27 pm

This seems to a pretty awesome forum. I just bought a Police Interceptor Sedan (2015 3.7 V6). It is pretty sweet, love it. I knew there was going to be some challenges when I purchased the car that almost made me not purchase it. I swallowed the lump in my throat and signed the dotted line. I am new to this. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of some good websites or resources to over come some of these challenges. Here are my current challenges:

1) Keyless Entry - I have researched this a bit I think I am on the right path.
2) Remote Start - my understanding I figure out 1 then 2 will be easy
3) Back door lock and Windows - my understanding is you just have to rip it appart and see what they did.
4) Ford Sync - Just rip out and replace entire unit with Aftermarket?
5) Center Console - This is probably first on my list. Buy an Ford Taurus center console and put it in place I take it. Anyone got cool mods? It looks like there are some wires to run. Possibly hook up some electronics?

Let me know guys. Thanks for any advice in advance. Number 1 and 5 are big for me.

JJ

nate12387
Vehicle: 2016 ford taurus police interc

Re: New to Police Interceptors - HELP 2015 PI Sedan

Post by nate12387 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Here is what I ended up doing:

1 & 2: I stated using forscan and going oem however the aftermarket radios integrate the climate controls and they were not turning on with the factory remote start. I ended up contacting a compustar dealer and they installed an aftermarket keyless entry, remote start, and secuity. It works so much better then oem. This got the aftermarket radio and therefore the climate controls to works with remote start.

3: Not sure what you mean here. I haven't had any issues to deal with. The compustar device solved the auto lock function for me and the trunk buttons can be turned on or off with forscan

4: There is no way to add sync as far as I know. I bought an aftermarket unit(the square screen nor the long tesla style one). Although it does have nice features there are annoyances with it and I don't know if I can recommend it at this time.

5: I went to a junkyard and bought a center console. After you take out some of the police specific parts, it fits in like factory. There is a small gap between the center console and the radio unless you get an aftermarket radio. Make sure with the center console you get the 12v power socket that comes with it. It's the one right above the center console between that and the radio. The one in your car will no longer be usable if you install a center console. Also the harness under the center console with not be usable. You will have to find a way to splice in the 12v sockets in the center compartment and on the back of it in order for them to work.

Hope this helps.

Nate

alwayson1T
Vehicle: 2015 Police Interceptor Sedan

Post by alwayson1T » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:54 pm

Hey thanks man. How much did the after market keyless entry and remote start cost? Or a range?

nate12387

Post by nate12387 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:45 pm

The remote start alone was some where between $150 - $300. The remotes can cost anywhere between $50 and $200. I believe with this system it can be set up so that a factory keyfob can remote it by pressing the lock button three times. It's not the cheapest but it does work. Many of the remote start keyfobs come with keyless entry.

Mine cost a little over $1000 but that was because I got remote start, most expensive keyfob, cell phone compatibility(drone mobile), battery backup, window mount disarm system(RPS touch), and aftermarket security. I got all they offered.

Here is the website for the manufacturer: https://www.compustar.com/

hope this answered your questions.

Nate

Smatchet
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Interceptor

Post by Smatchet » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:17 pm

Any tips on navigating Forscan to enable keyless entry? I don’t feel I need remote start but a keyfob lock/unlock would be great

nate12387

Post by nate12387 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:27 pm

Smatchet wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:17 pm
Any tips on navigating Forscan to enable keyless entry? I don’t feel I need remote start but a keyfob lock/unlock would be great
viewtopic.php?t=19344

atikovi

Post by atikovi » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:10 pm

Smatchet wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:17 pm
I don’t feel I need remote start but a keyfob lock/unlock would be great
I didn't either but the keys are only $43 on Ebay and it will help resale for those that want that feature.