If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2014 PI some programming questions

blank77
Vehicle: 2014 PI

2014 PI some programming questions

Post by blank77 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:44 pm

Any way to enable the steering wheel controls to change from AUX to maybe volume control like in stock taurus?

Also, no matter what I try I cannot get the interior lights to come on when I open the door. I never thought this would be an issue, but it is a pain at night.

I also have to use Trip 1 to get the digital odometer to work. Is there an easier way?

detkay
Vehicle: 14 FPIS • 16 FPIU • 17 TAH. PP

Re: 2014 PI some programming questions

Post by detkay » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:21 pm

All can be done via Forscan if you know what you're doing. Once you get accustomed to using Forscan, its easy to enable/disable anything you want to your preference. Again, use this at your own risk. You can get most features you'd like what you need, by seeing your local Ford Dealership's service department.

For your AUX modes to volume control + cruise control, use Forscan or get the dealer to restore your volume and cruise control back on. You're in this mode, probably because the department that used this vehicle, programmed to use the lights or whatnot to those switches for easy access.

Interior lights to come on when door is open; the issue is simple. Use Forscan to disable Dark Mode. Dark Mode is enabled by default from factory on these cars that disables the interior lights to come on when you unlock the car or open the doors, but you can get it disabled and your interior lights will work fine like civilian models.

Digital speedometer, not sure why its set up like that? The digital speedo can be cycled by using the steering buttons and stays on whatever mode you last used.
Current: '14 Ford PI Sedan • '16 Ford PI Utility • '17 Chevy Tahoe Pursuit
Previously Owned: '11 Ford CVPI • '14 Ford F150 Platinum • '16 Dodge Charger Police Package

blank77
Vehicle: 2014 PI

Post by blank77 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Dark mode is disabled, but still no luck on interior lights. They do work manually.

I've gone through all the options on the steering wheel, that's how I found out the speedometer shows when inside trip 1 or trip 2. Just not when in the main mode.

Trying to avoid paying the dealership to do anything.

I've gotten pretty familiar with Forscan but is there a mapping or list of what all the blocks do?

detkay
Vehicle: 14 FPIS • 16 FPIU • 17 TAH. PP

Post by detkay » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:08 pm

That’s weird because testing to turning off Dark Mode, especially in both my FPIS and FPIU, they worked like the civilian models would.

Oh makes sense! You’re lucky to have that option, as majority of people on here are still trying to figure it out how to get it enabled lol. It isn’t easy. But if you leave it in the digital speed mode, it should show back up when you start the car as it shows the default display you last used, it shouldn’t reset.

I understand, I would too! However I had to go for one thing, the digital speedo mode because I couldn’t enable it via Forscan. Apparently a firmware flash to the IPC cluster was needed. Now it has all the extra options that I never had, like auto lock, etc.

There are a few Forscan spreadsheets out there that shows what most of the “As-Built” advanced blocks do, but again, be careful and follow it as shown, because one screw up can badly damage the vehicle. I would suggest looking some up, even the civilian Taurus Forscan spreadsheets, they’re the same, including the Police Utility ones too.
Current: '14 Ford PI Sedan • '16 Ford PI Utility • '17 Chevy Tahoe Pursuit
Previously Owned: '11 Ford CVPI • '14 Ford F150 Platinum • '16 Dodge Charger Police Package