If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Water leaks in both rear doors on my 2011 ford taurus sho

gbartley7of11
Vehicle: 2011 ford taurus sho

Water leaks in both rear doors on my 2011 ford taurus sho

Post by gbartley7of11 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:54 pm

Hello all ford taurus owner,

My name is Glenn Bartley. I had own my 2011 ford taurus sho since March 2011. After about three years of ownership I notice that my rear doors after a heavy rain it will sound like a ocean was in my car. I took it back to the dealer on several account and they told me that this was normal. I told them bullshit a whole cup of water in both rear doors, no that's not normal.So I started asking people who own taurus. I fine out there where a lot of people with this problem. My concern is that I think of rush over the years in between the door panels.Lets all get together and bring the problem to Ford Motor company in detroit.

A concern customer
Glenn Bartley
[email protected]

warment

Re: Water leaks in both rear doors on my 2011 ford taurus sho

Post by warment » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:19 am

Your doors are made to let water pass down through them. However, your doors should drain properly.

The problem is that the drain holes are behind the door seals and get easily plugged/sealed by the seals. On my Five Hundred, I simply flip the seals with my foot after each rain and watch them drain.

I thought about cutting a notch or drilling a hole through my lower door seals to fix the problem permanently, but the foot trick works fine.
2005 Ford Five Hundred SE
6-spd auto

BobM

Re: Water leaks in both rear doors on my 2011 ford taurus sho

Post by BobM » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:33 am

Warment is correct. The door seals block the drain holes. Ford issued a TSB on this issue for the Five Hundereds and the fix is exactly what Warment said; Trim the seal away from the drains. I did it and it fixed the problem. Only takes a couple of minutes.
2005 Five Hundred SEL
Titanium Green