If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2002 Ford Taurus SE (NO HEAT!!)

Jgonzo2398
Vehicle: 2002 Ford Taurus SE

2002 Ford Taurus SE (NO HEAT!!)

Post by Jgonzo2398 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum. I own a 2002 Ford Taurus SE with 118,500 miles on it. I've had the car since June of last year, it's never had hot air. Now that it is winter again, driving to work at 5am is killer, i'm freezing to death! :| For some reason I've never gotten the idea of fixing the problem but after having my water pump replaced, the mechanic briefly mentioned to me that he noticed I had no heat, it actually comes out cool when you have the heat turned all the way on, and that the heater core was a common issue with the Tauruses. I am planning on flushing the heater core with a garden hose and vinyl tubing. I have replaced the blend door actuator twice already, both new, that didn't do anything, and yes I've looked under the dash to make sure it was moving whenever I turned the knobs and I can hear it as well. I've read that that the "diverter plate" can be the issue but I've never even heard of that part nor can I find when I look it up online. Should I just go ahead and flush my heater core?? Any help would be awesome, thank you!! :)