If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2005 Taurus Low Oil Pressure

RogerDodger
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Taurus

2005 Taurus Low Oil Pressure

Post by RogerDodger » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:42 am

It started a couple nights back. I was inside someone's house and had my car running for about a half hour after we arrived, cold night. when I went to leave I noticed the oil light was on with the message "low oil pressure" on the dash. Drove it home, no noises, nothing out of the ordinary, shut the car off and went to bed. The next day I drove my car to Xmas dinner but took the long route to see if the light would come on. After about 20 minutes I noticed that it didn't, however, when leaving dinner and stopping to get coffee, when I came back outside after only a couple minutes, same thing, light and message on the dash. The car had been running for less than 10 minutes between leaving and getting coffee.

There's plenty of oil in it I already checked. Not sure if it makes any difference but I had the starter replaced right after Thanksgiving and the mechanic said the oil filter was sticking up out of it's place and that it was a little low on oil so they put in half a quart. They also fixed the flex pipe which quieted the car tremendously. I'd like to do a few small things myself before bringing it in to get looked at. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you