If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Considering buying a 2011 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost. What to look for?

FrayedString
Vehicle: 2011 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost

Considering buying a 2011 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost. What to look for?

Post by FrayedString » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm considering trading my 2013 Chrysler 300c w/ 5.7L Hemi w/ 27k miles in for a 2011 Lincoln MKS with 70k miles. Looking to downsize into a sedan with similar performance while saving a little money.

Considering the Lincoln MKS Ecoboost is essentially the same vehicle as a SHO w/ the luxury package, I thought this board might be a good place to post for some advice on what to look for. I currently have the vehicle on loan from the dealership over the weekend. The vehicle is a local one owner car, which the salesman claims was owned by "an older lady." Carfax can, and has, confirmed the local one-owner part, but of course I have no way to verify the tales of the little old lady who only drove it back and forth to the store and to church on Sunday. :)

What kind of things should I check and be on the lookout for while I have this opportunity to really evaluate the car? I've done some reading, and know the PTU could be a point of concern so I may try and see if I can at least suck out a few drops of fluid from it and see what it looks like. Any other advice you guys may have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
2013 Chrysler 300c AWD 5.7 Hemi (currently)
2011 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost (considering)