If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

running antenna through map light (sun glass holder) console?

mymangochutney
Vehicle: Taurus FPIS 2013

running antenna through map light (sun glass holder) console?

Post by mymangochutney » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:17 pm

I have a ton of rust around one of the plugs and thought I might as well connect an antenna to my wifi hotspot.

I'd like to fish a cable from the roof hole out to the sun glass holder and possible then down the windshield.

Is this doable or is everything too tight/blocked off?

Photo of location where I'd "fish" the wire
Attachments
ABds5aE.png
ABds5aE.png (519.54 KiB) Viewed 83 times
Kt9PToH.png
Kt9PToH.png (437.42 KiB) Viewed 83 times

mope
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

Re: running antenna through map light (sun glass holder) console?

Post by mope » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:48 pm

i think you'd be fine. i changed my pi dome light out and theres a fair bit of space/play above the headliner........the pillar covers just pop off.

the only question area for me would be the sunglass area but you might be able to just bypass that and fish tape from hole to pillar anyway

mymangochutney
Vehicle: Taurus FPIS 2013

Re: running antenna through map light (sun glass holder) console?

Post by mymangochutney » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:02 pm

mope wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:48 pm
i think you'd be fine. i changed my pi dome light out and theres a fair bit of space/play above the headliner........the pillar covers just pop off.

the only question area for me would be the sunglass area but you might be able to just bypass that and fish tape from hole to pillar anyway
The A/B pillars were TERRIBLE to try and take off (compared to my cvpi)

If anyone needs to run wires from the roof I had a decent time pulling down the headliner slightly around the drivers side rear door. Benefit is you can run to front or trunk easily as well if you have electronics back there like me.