If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

possible to add crosstraffic/blindspot monitor?

mymangochutney
Vehicle: Taurus FPIS 2013

possible to add crosstraffic/blindspot monitor?

Post by mymangochutney » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:23 pm

I'm not sure if the system uses anything besides the backup sensors but is it possible to enable this with some new parts and forscan?

mope
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

Re: possible to add crosstraffic/blindspot monitor?

Post by mope » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 pm

I can't speak to the Forscan activation, but the crosstraffic system runs off a series of sensors. You would have to get the traffic monitoring side mirrors (l/r) and the sensors inside the rear bumper (iirc?).

Some idiot took out my drivers side mirror while street parked......the whole system then goes down. It wasn't a cheap replacement, either!

mymangochutney
Vehicle: Taurus FPIS 2013

Post by mymangochutney » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:55 am

mope wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 pm
I can't speak to the Forscan activation, but the crosstraffic system runs off a series of sensors. You would have to get the traffic monitoring side mirrors (l/r) and the sensors inside the rear bumper (iirc?).

Some idiot took out my drivers side mirror while street parked......the whole system then goes down. It wasn't a cheap replacement, either!
peanuts, guess it is like power passenger window. no way to add on!

jzkintaku
Vehicle: Police inspector sedan

Post by jzkintaku » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:44 pm

I am not to say impossible. But might not worth the price and ask for special wiring skill.
You have to buy the sensors (not backup sensor but on the side lower fender down the fuel hole) , which is reaaaaaly expensive. https://www.ebay.com/p/OEM-Blind-Spot-M ... 1511132832
1000 dollors each, you need pair of them.
also the mirrors. another 1000 maybe.
Even you have these hardware. I am not sure you have the harness already for the sensors. I tried to install passenger side one touch power window switch using some parts from junk car. but I realized the harness was different.. screwed
But, I do think about heated mirrors to get rid of of bloody rain here to make myself safer.