If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

About to buy a sedan....

GonzoWerke
Vehicle: 2013 Police Interceptor

About to buy a sedan....

Post by GonzoWerke » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:28 am

Looking at a sweet 2013 in gloss black. Looks like a detective's car. At 184,970 on the clock, I can assume the Virginia State Police took care of the issues...maybe not.

That being said, it's AWD, with a NA 3.5L.

What do I need to look out for besides water pumps and timing sets? Anything?
Any chassis issues? I know the AWD system is just Volvo's, but with a fluid rear coupler and water cooled transfer case, but that's about it.

Thanks!

Gonzo

mymangochutney
Vehicle: Taurus FPIS 2013

Re: About to buy a sedan....

Post by mymangochutney » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:30 pm

PTU will blow up if you don't have identical tires, get a tire gauge and check the depth. Can even tell if alignment is off!

penelhum
Vehicle: 2013 PI

Post by penelhum » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:28 am

exhaust/fumes in cabin.
make sure when you drive it, or when you start it and its sitting, you dont get exhaust fumes coming in the cabin. getting that fix, if at all, is a pain in the butt.

GonzoWerke
Vehicle: 2013 Police Interceptor

Post by GonzoWerke » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:46 am

Thanks!
It drives really well, no weirdness in handling. It is a former Virginia SP cruiser, and was very well taken care of, with 151K on the clock. The only interior blemish is the wear spot on the driver's seat from the gunbelt. I need to get some service manuals, as I can find nothing on PTU's, except how to change seals.
I've decided to pull the trigger on buying it, even with it's one little problem that the seller is getting fixed...Overheat warning, yet blows cold air on full hot. Engine is cooler than normal to touch. Hoping on thermo and temp sensor, as opposed to core and pump.