If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

remote access

nate12387
Vehicle: 2016 ford taurus police interc

remote access

Post by nate12387 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried to get ford remote access installed? I was looking into it but was told sync 3 was a requirement by the dealership. My car does not have sync at all. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a link to what I'm referring to.

https://accessories.ford.com/aerial-asy-10667.html

Thanks,

Nathan

nanoreef
Vehicle: 2014 Taurus Limited

Re: remote access

Post by nanoreef » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:43 pm

I don't have an interceptor, but I have Sync 2 in my Taurus. I bought the modules and installed them myself. My only complaint is that it's hit and miss. Some times it works other times I get a 'cannot complete the request try again later'. I've contacted their alleged tech support and was told to take it to a dealer ship to be looked at. The fact that most dealerships in my area were baffled when I asked them about 'remote access' and even if they did know they would use the same guide I used so that's no help. Then they said it was a network error but couldn't tell me what that was. It's like they didn't even know what's wrong with their own system. I use AT&T, same as them and have full bars so there 'network error' must be on their end. I've heard it was a novel concept but it was implemented very badly.

nate12387
Vehicle: 2016 ford taurus police interc

Post by nate12387 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:56 pm

Thanks for the info. Where did you buy them from and was it easy to install it? All the info I see is that it requites a dealership installation.

Thanks.

Nathan

Celticwolf

Post by Celticwolf » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 pm

I had remote access installed when I bought my car in 2015.

Very handy during a hot summer, cold winter, or those brain farts when you lock your keys in your car.

It did die on me. Took the dealer 3 days to fix it, as they had zero information on it in their system. It was covered under my extended warranty, they wound up replacing the whole sytem.

nanoreef
Vehicle: 2014 Taurus Limited

Post by nanoreef » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:50 am

nate12387 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:56 pm
Thanks for the info. Where did you buy them from and was it easy to install it? All the info I see is that it requites a dealership installation.

Thanks.

Nathan
I bought mine on Ebay, I looked up the part number for my car and then searched it. There is an install guide out there and I used that to do the install It was actually pretty easy, the most work there is was pulling the stuff for the bottom B-piller and the C-piller. Other then that it was fast. I've moved the cellular module from where they said to put it though. Though with a PI without remote start, you might need to install the hood switch, but it's all in the install guide. The dealership is to activate the SIM for the cellular, and to give you the PIN you'll need to register it with the remote access app. Or to program remote start in your cars computer, but if you have Forscan you can do that. I called around and got mostly people who didn't know what 'remote access' was for out cars. I ended up talking to one guy who when I told him what I needed told me to bring it in he'd activate the SIM for me. Took a couple minutes and I wasn't charged. However some wanted anywhere form 1/2 hour to a full hours worth of money to look at the system. So if you do it yourself, call around.