If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Adding a backup camera

detkay
Vehicle: 14 FPIS • 16 FPIU • 17 TAH. PP

Adding a backup camera

Post by detkay » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:44 pm

I know there are lots of details on the forums on how to install a backup camera to a FPIS that didn't come with it, however they are all scattered all over the place and I can't keep track of it all.

So 2 things; what do you need to have, to have the backup camera in a FPIS, and what are the step by steps procedure to install and enable it (through the radio unit as a camera screen than a mirror)? If anyone can let me know the full, clean, step by step procedure, that'd be great! Would be great to others as well.

I will be attempting to try it out on a friend's new FPIS, that doesn't have one, and I'm not about to rip out my own vehicle to see how it's done lol.
Current: '14 Ford PI Sedan TT EcoBoost • '16 Ford PI Utility TT EcoBoost • '17 Chevy Tahoe Pursuit
Previously Owned: '11 Ford CVPI • '14 Ford F150 Platinum • '16 Dodge Charger Police Package

crownedking

Re: Adding a backup camera

Post by crownedking » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:33 pm

this is a good start:

https://www.taurusclub.com/threads/diy ... on.168641/

this is one i did after the above:

https://www.supermotors.net/registry/27445/86047

I've read that it isn't ideal to tap into the break light, but it works as if it was ordered factory on my ride. I actually like that it is in the middle 4.5 screen and not the mirror. Keep in mind that after the camera is finished it will display a blue screen until the car reaches 5+ mph forward. I also went in later and enabled all of the camera options pre-programmed in forscan for the camera.

I have apim extra pins if you want to buy some message me.
DON'T buy from paid PI mod sites, stay away from dealer programming! message me for help or questions.

"If you believe you can figure it out on your own then by all means do feel free to do so. I have nothing against people who want to do it on their own. I am not aware of anyone else that has done it though." - jmr061 - Jason Rasmussen