2014 Ford Taurus
2014 Ford Taurus in red
Photo © Ford Motor Company
Rather than just copy and paste the whole Ford press release, this year we'll just tell you what's changed for the 2014 Taurus model year. Scroll down for technical specifications.
What's New For 2014?
- Well the Taurus is overall pretty much the same as the 2013 model. Taurii equipped with the 2.0L EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine have the same power output, however it is rated for up to 32 mpg on the highway, which is up from 31 MPG last year.
- There are two new colors for 2014, Sunset Metallic (paint code D7) and Dark Side Metallic (paint code BT). Colors deleted were Green Gem Metallic and Ginger Ale Metallic.
- Now standard on Limited and SHO are heated and cooled front seats and Intellegent access with push-button start.
- SEL & SHO models have an optional 20" wheel that is a machine finished, low gloss "Ebony" 10-spoke design. In addition, the standard SE 17" wheels, 18" aluminum SEL wheels, and 19" premium painted aluminum wheels on the Limited are all new designs. So four out of the total seven wheels available on the Taurus lineup are new designs.
- SHO cars have an available and optional driver assist package consisting of adaptive cruise control, collision warning with brake support, lane keep assist/lane departure warning and active park assist.
So, as you can see there are only minor updates for the 2014 model year. That's not really a surprise given the major update that happened just a few years back. Not to mention that the Police Interceptor Sedan is built off the Taurus platform and that was just introduced for 2013. We don't anticipate huge updates even for 2015. But stay tuned, we'll be sure to post details as we hear more on future model releases!
2014 Taurus Specifications
2014 Taurus Discussions
Here are some links to selected discussions happening in our forum regarding the 2014 Taurus:
2014 Ford Taurus Photos
Check out the updated Taurus. All photos are copyright © Ford Motor Company.